The booming business activities in Cameroon among other factors have made it mandatory for the Cameroon Immigration Service to be issuing a special type of visa known as a business visa. The purpose of the Cameroon business visa is to quickly facilitate the immigration procedure or requirements from foreigners coming to Cameroon for urgent business purposes. The crewmembers or staff of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) wishing to engage in any humanitarian services in Cameroon may also apply for a Cameroon business visa.
It is strict compliance that all foreigners coming to Cameroon for business purposes need to have a visa for Cameroon prior to their arrival except in special cases where a visa is issued on arrival.
Persons Eligible to Process a Cameroonian Business Visa
Foreign Travelers (Business men and Investors) who wish to visit Cameroon for the purpose of a meeting, conference, seminar, contract negotiation, and marketing. Foreigners also willing to engage in sales, purchase distribution of Cameroon goods, trade fairs, training of Cameroonians, and humanitarian services such as emergency or relief work.
Crew members, staff of NGOs, and researchers are also eligible to process the business visa.
Cameroon business visa requirment
The following are the requirements for Cameroon business visa requirement
- A passport is valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank visa pages for endorsement.
- Two (2) recent passport-sized (35/40mm) photographs.
- Return ticket.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to maintain one’s self in the country.
- Evidence of Hotel Reservation/host address in Nigeria.
- A letter of invitation from a company in Cameroon, accepting full immigration responsibility.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR A CAMEROON BUSINESS VISA
- Complete the online visa application and print the completed form (Visa Form).
- Pay online and print payment receipts.
- Affix 2 passport-sized photographs to the completed Visa Form, along with the other requirements, and submit through any of the following:
- Via Post to the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of Cameroon where an applicant is Resident.
- In person at the designated Visa Application Centre (where applicable) or,
- In person at the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of Cameroon where an applicant is Resident.
Note: Applicant may be invited for interview within 2 – 3 working days from receipt of application where necessary.
Validity of Cameroon Business Visa
The validity of a Cameroon business visa is 90 days (not extendable).
Flowing from the above, it is crystal clear that the application process to get a Cameroon business visa is simpler, compared to other classes of visa.
Although the procedure for business visa application has been simplified to enable every individual foreigner to be able to process it without little or no outside assistance, however, any individual applicant seeking guidance on the visa’s processing or encountering any challenge in the course of the application may contact a Cameroon immigration lawyer for assistance.
Article by Barr. Mafany Victor Ngando
Kinsmen Advocates Law Firm
“The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances”