IMPORT LICENSE IN CAMEROON
An Import license in Cameroon is the approval issued by the various agencies of government, which regulate and determine the goods that can be brought into the country. International trade is one of the most profitable ventures that an individual with the know-how and capital can engage in full and stands to make huge gains. Despite the lucrative nature of business in Cameroon, Businessmen are often confronted with the challenge of understanding the right procedure on how to acquire an import license in Cameroon
To obtain an import license in Cameroon, business operators must adhere to law No 2010/044 of 18th April 2016 governing external trade as well as decree No 2017/6523/PM of 7th June 2017. Hence an import license is the only recognized document authorizing economic operators to bring their goods into Cameroon.
HOW TO ACQUIRE AN IMPORTERS LICENSE IN CAMEROON
Before any goods can be imported in commercial quantities into Cameroon, the importer must essentially follow the stipulated statutory requirements on how to acquire an import license in Cameroon, which include the followings:
- The importer must register a company in Cameroon and obtain the certificate of incorporation from the Trade and Personal Property Rights Registry.
- The next step is to register the company with the Taxation unit and obtain the Tax Identification Number (TIN Number) for proof of tax payment with a valid email address tagged to it.
- The importer must also register with the chambers of commerce to get an import license in Cameroon Cameroon.
- The importer will also be required to register at the National shipper council.
GET LICENSED TO IMPORT INTO CAMEROON
- Apply for the import license in Cameroon to the Chief Veterinary Officer of the Department of Veterinary
- Notify the agency of the import licensing cost in Cameroon for details
- Notify the agency of the arrival date of the products
- On arrival at the point of entry, the importer is to make a declaration of animal or animal products for consignment inspection and certification.
- Officials will inspect and verify the consignment and documents submitted at the point of entry.
- If the consignment complies with the standard of the agency, the importer will be made to pay the requisite fees for further action.
IMPORT LICENSE IN CAMEROON REQUIREMENT
- Duly stamped application on company letterhead stating the sector of articles to be imported
- Certificate of company incorporation certificate of the company
- Certify a copy of the taxpayer’s card of the company
- Certificate of non-indebtedness of the company
- Articles of association of the company
- A Clearance certificate of workers issued by the National Social Insurance
- Attestation of localization of the company
- Certified copies of ID cards or Passport of shareholders
- Proof of payment of registration fees
IMPORT LICENSING COST IN CAMEROON
Import licensing cost in Cameroon varies depending on the form of company, the number of goods to be imported, and the nationality of the applicant just to name a few.
In conclusion, there is no generic import license that covers all goods brought into Cameroon. The goods to be imported will determine the import license to be required. There are various government agencies responsible for issuing import license in Cameroon and licenses to importers for the various categories of goods to be brought into Cameroon.
Before an import license in Cameroon is obtained, there are questions to be asked to determine which agency will be responsible for issuing the necessary permit for the goods to be imported.
It should also be noted that not all goods can be imported into Cameroon territory. Some items, which cannot be imported into Cameroon at the moment, are clearly listed on the Cameroon Customs Service’s list of contraband items.
Article by Mafany victor Ngando
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances