Legal Guidance for Public Private Partnerships in Cameroon
We are the best Public Private law partnership law firm in Cameroon and we are regularly retained by the Governments at all levels and by private investors to provide our services. The PPP sector in Cameroon is gradually gaining momentum and we are seeing active collaborations in this aspect in the areas of road and other construction projects. As a top PPP law firm, we render legal guidance for Public Private partnerships in Cameroon with expertise that is highly regarded in the industry. We pride ourselves as the leaders of thought especially having been inaugural advisers to the Government of Cameroon by rendering legal services for Public Private partnership projects in Cameroon
Our Public Private Partnership lawyers are able to assist clients from the preliminary stages and throughout the lifecycle of a project. We usually review relevant state, local, and other applicable laws and policies relevant to any given project, provide a comprehensive due diligence report, advise on compliance issues and other related regulatory matters, and review and prepare essential and critical documentation in support of any given project, etc.
Examples of our Firm’s extensive experience and legal guidance for Public Private partnerships in Cameroon include:
- Provided legal opinion on the various aspects of PPP models including build operate and transfer agreements (BOT), joint-venture arrangement [JV], rehabilitate-operate-transfer [ROT], lease-renovate-operate-transfer [LROT], etc.
- legal guidance for Public Private partnerships in Cameroon on the procurement process which included preparing the EOI document used for proposals from eligible bidders, advising on the tendering process, evaluation of successful bids, prequalification of bidders, etc.
- Reviewed all available documents including previous and draft contracts in relation to the Project and not limited to Legal and Regulatory Reviews, Institutional Reviews, Finance Operate and Maintain Agreement (FOMA), Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts,
- Reviewed the existing legal Due Diligence to ensure that all relevant legal requirements for developing the Road within the existing Federal Right of Way and for concessions of the Road to a private operator can be met.
- Confirmed the legal standing of contracted parties and advised on any encumbrances that might affect the successful delivery of the Financing and the Operation and Maintenance concession.
- Advised on re-structuring the contractual arrangement in line with current developments such as conditional ICRC approval of the FBC and developments on the lawsuit against stakeholders by the previous concessionaire.
- Assisted in the bidding process for the concession and/or O&M; reviewed any agreements including Concession and O&M Agreements, the Bid or Swiss Challenge Documents, and vetting reports including the final FBC Report.
Legal Services for Public Private Partnership Projects in Cameroon
Example of legal services for Public Private partnership projects in Cameroon includes
- We render legal services for Public Private partnership projects in Cameroon by drafting public-private partnership agreements including EPC contracts
- We render legal services for Public Private partnership projects in Cameroon on the acquisition of rights related to infrastructure or project site.
- Acting as counsel in litigation and/or other dispute-resolution mechanisms
- We render legal services for Public Private partnership projects in Cameroon on contract reviews including facility agreements. Mortgage facilities between private parties and financial institutions.
- We render legal services for Public Private partnership projects in Cameroon on mezzanine lending, construction lending, etc.
- legal guidance for Public Private partnerships in Cameroon by scrutinizing
Public Private Partnership Dispute Resolution Firm in Cameroon
Knowing that disputes are inevitable in every partnership and as the best public private partnership law firm, we act as a Public Private Partnership Dispute Resolution Firm in Cameroon and ensure concerned parties reach an understanding reduced in an ” Arbitrary Award”
Article by Barr. Mafany Victor Ngando
Kinsmen Advocates Law Firm
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances