With the growth of e-commerce business comes the use of courier and logistics companies which facilitate the delivery of goods between sellers and buyers and thus the need for transport and logistics license in Cameroon. A transport and logistics company in Cameroon offers delivery services to the public members and the categories of goods and population served by this middleman business are huge globally. In Cameroon, the courier and logistics business are regulated by law which prescribes licensing requirements for entrepreneurs seeking to venture into delivery services.
The first step in setting up a logistics business is to register the business with the Trade and Personal Property Rights Registry as a limited liability company. The minimum share capital for private limited liability companies in Cameroon is 1,000,000 FCFA
What are the requirements for incorporating a transport and logistics company in Cameroon?
- Two proposed names for the transport and logistics company: These names will be submitted to the Trade Personal Property Rights Registry for approval. Upon approval, the promoters may thereafter proceed to register the company with the approved name;
- Proposed Registered Address, Email Address, and Phone Number of the transport and logistics Company
- Details of the Shareholders, Director(s), and Company Secretary to include their Names, Contact/Home Addresses, Email addresses, Phone numbers, Date of birth, Occupation, a copy of Government-issued means of identification (e.g. NIN, Voters card, Data page of International Passport), and Electronic signatures respectively. Please note that a National Identification Number Card is a prerequisite for company registration in Cameroon.
- Objects of the Company: The proposed company must be registered as a Transport and logistics company.
Transport and Logistics License in Cameroon
Below is a list of documentary requirements for obtaining a transport and logistics license in Cameroon.
- Application Letter: The letter is addressed to the Transport Ministry. Application Letter must be written or printed on Applicant’s company letterhead paper. Attached to this letter is the evidence of payment of the processing fee and the other following documents:
- Filled Registration Form
- TPPR Incorporation documents
- Business Plan, Company Profile, and Operations Manual
- Registration with an insurance company Evidence of Tax Clearance
- Evidence of Share Capital
- Evidence of Facilities, and Office Location Detail
- List of Drivers
- Evidence of License Registration Fee Payments
The categories of transport and logistics license in Cameroon are as follows:
- International Licence: This Licence allows transport and logistics operations across international borders
- National Licence: This Licence permits transport and logistics operations nationwide (inter-regions);
- Regional Licence: This Licence is required for logistics companies that operate within a geo-political zone.
The Blue Card will ensure your transport and logistics company avoids frequent inspection by security personnel. The importance of compliance with Cameroon transport and logistics regulations cannot be overemphasized.
The following documents must be constituted to obtain a Blue Card
- Copy of the transport and logistics company
- Copy of registration of the transport and logistic vehicle certificates
- Visits Technique
We can represent you in navigating the entire process of registering a transport and logistics company in Cameroon as well as secure the required license and permit.
Article by Barr. Mafany Victor Ngando
Kinsmen Advocates Law Firm
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances