WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE REGISTERING A VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER IN CAMEROON
Any person or organization desirous of setting up a vocational training center in Cameroon shall apply to the Ministry both at the Divisional and the National Level, through the Executive Secretary, National Board for Technical Education, and must follow the legal framework before registering a vocational training center in Cameroon. Now we shall briefly discuss vocational training centers registration in Cameroon.
Legal steps to follow when registering a vocational training center in Cameroon
Before registering a vocational center in Cameroon, the applicant is advised to brief a legal consultant and ensure the application letter and technical files are properly constituted in accordance with the law. All the requirements for setting up a vocational training center in Cameroon must be met by the lather
- Setting up a vocational training center in Cameroon requires the applicant or legal representative to file a formal application duly stamped and notarized by a Notary Public.
- A Need Assessment Report/justification shows that the institution must create socio-economic, cultural, and employment opportunities.
- Before registering a vocational center in Cameroon, a business plan that describes the concept of the institution, its vision and mission, profiles and experiences of the promoters and management team, and sources of funds for capital and recurrent expenditure are required.
- The proposed Structure of Administration and Control of the institution includes an organogram of how the various components of the institution shall relate to each other. This shall also have the names, qualifications, and cognate work experiences of the principal officers and heads of departments.
- List of all academic and non-academic staff with qualifications, specializations, and work experiences for each proposed program. The nature of each staff’s employment (full-time or part–time) and duties to be performed in a tabular form.
- Vocational training curriculum according to competence-based approach.
- Enrollment capacity per specialty
- Duration of the training cycle as well as entry-level
- Payment at MINEFOP
- The proposed school curriculum for the program. This shall have evidence of potential for creativity, innovation, and link with industry and the market.
- A list of physical facilities e.g., classrooms, laboratories, workshops, studios, farms, etc that are available for each proposed program. The service facilities like seats, desks, and water. Light, gas, etc are available in each facility. The dimensions and student capacity of each facility shall also be stated.
- A Tax Clearance Certificate showing that the proprietor has fully paid his/her taxes must be attached when considering vocational training centers registration in Cameroon.
- A Current Audit Financial Statement and or Bank Statement of Account of the proprietor.
- Certificate of non-conviction of the proprietor
- Insurance contracts for learners
- CTC of proprietor ID/PASSPORT
- Clearance certificate at CNPS must be attached when considering vocational training centers registration in Cameroon.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- A signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with relevant industries for students’ practical training and subsequent employment.
SETTING UP A VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER IN CAMEROON
In setting up a vocational training center in Cameroon, the submitted application documents shall be analyzed and assessed against the laid down standards by the professional staff of the Board.
- If the application documents meet the laid down standards, the Board shall arrange and conduct an approval/advisory visit to the proposed institution to confirm the availability of resources in line with the laid down standards.
- If the application documents fail to meet the laid down standards, the Board shall write to inform the proprietor to correct the shortfalls and inform it accordingly.
LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTERS REGISTRATION IN CAMEROON
An approval/advisory visit to the proposed Vocational training center in Cameroon shall be conducted by staff of the Ministry of Employment and vocational training center
- At the end of the visit, the team shall recommend the approval or otherwise of the vocational training center based on its findings.
- The Ministry shall consider the approval/advisory report recommendation and make a recommendation to the Board on whether or not to recommend the approval of the establishment of the institution to the Honourable Minister of Employment and vocational training center.
To conclude, the legal steps to follow when registering a vocational training center in Cameroon are approved in the legal framework for vocational training centers registration in Cameroon
Article by Barr. Mafany victor Ngando