Introduction to Change of Company Address in Cameroon
The process of changing your company address in Cameroon can be an exciting adventure, but the process of changing your company address in Cameroon can sometimes be overwhelming. If you’re a businessman or have operated a registered business or entity in Cameroon for years you will understand the importance of notice of change of company address in Cameroon.
Businesses and companies at one point or another decide to find a new place for ease of business operation. To ensure a seamless transition during your move, it’s important to update your address with the Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive step-by-step guide on the process of changing your company address with the Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry, making your relocation experience hassle-free.
Requirements for Changing Company Address in Cameroon
There exist certain requirements for changing company address in Cameroon which we shall discuss below.
- Understand the Importance of Updating Your Address: Before diving into the process, it’s crucial to understand why updating your address with the Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry is important. The Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry during the process of registration profiles and documents your business information, and keeps it in their records. this means if one conducts a search, the registered business address shows up.
- Resolution for change of company address in Cameroon: This is for companies, wishing to change an address, The company shareholders/ directors can make a notice to the members of the company in an ordinary meeting, and pass a resolution on the change of address.
- Contact an Accredited Corporate Attorney: The change of company address in Cameroon with the Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry requires an accredited corporate attorney who shall request the following;
- Articles of Association of the company
- Incorporation certificate of the company
- Minutes of meeting / Resolutions to change address from city A – to city B
- Accredited Corporate Attorney Fills Out the Notice of Address Change Form: Once you contact an accredited corporate attorney, you will provide the new address to him, this is very important, for changing the address with The Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry records.
- Supporting Documentation: The accredited corporate attorney will now Attach the required supporting documentation to wit: –
- A formal written application for change of address duly stamped
- Amended Articles of Association duly notarized and stamped duty
- Stamp duty / notarized minutes of meeting/resolution sanctioning the change.
- Certify a copy of the incorporation certificate & and MO Form
- Change of address form duly filed and signed.
- Note that the board resolution is a mandatory requirement, in line with the new mode of filing the notice of change of address in Cameroon.
- Cost of changing a company registered address in Cameroon: Submit the completed address change form and make payment of the official fee for the change of address. The cost of changing a company-registered address in Cameroon will depend on the current status of the company and the agreed service charge to pay your accredited attorney.
- How long does it take to effect a change of company registered address in Cameroon: After submitting the address change form, the next question is how long does it take to effect a change of company registered address in Cameroon? Sincerely we allow some time for the processing to take place by the regulatory bodies. Depending on the workload and procedures, it may take 7 days for your address change to be approved by the Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry.
- Approval: If the registry approves your application, you will get a status report for the notice of change, this is the official document, evidencing that you have moved from the former address to the newly registered address.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the cost of changing a company address in Cameroon? The cost of changing a company address in Cameroon will depend on the level of compliance of the company with annual filings and tax declarations.
- What is the essence of notifying government agencies of company change of address? notifying government agencies of a company change of address is a requirement to update the company status at the Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry.
- How long it takes to effect change of company address in Cameroon? It takes approximately 5-7 days to effect change of company address in Cameroon
To conclude, a change of company address in Cameroon is a post-incorporation procedure engaged usually after the incorporation of a company.
Article by Barr. Mafany victor Ngando
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.