INTRODUCTION ON HOW TO GET COMPANY SECRETARIAL SERVICES IN CAMEROON
Every company in Cameroon is required to have a company secretary but the question now is how to get company secretarial services in Cameroon. Unlike in the days of the old, the status of a company secretary nowadays has evolved from a mere clerk running errands for the director to a chief administrative officer of the company. He has an ostensible authority with administrative matters as was decided in Panorama Development Ltd v Fidelis Furnishing Fabrics Ltd (1971)2QB 711.
THE MODERN COMPANY SECRETARY IN CAMEROON
The modern corporate governance best practice is to make the company secretary /legal adviser, the chief compliance officer of the company to ensure that all company secretarial services in Cameroon like statutory filings and compliances are undertaken and the company is up to date. The board of directors must appoint a corporate secretary because the position must be distinguished from the general or private secretary attached to the company’s office.
OFFERING COMPANY SECRETARIAL SERVICES IN CAMEROON
The major enhancement of the status of a company secretary is the statutory prescription of company secretarial services. The company secretary should issue notices to meetings, the compilation of proxy, provide an accreditation list of all those attending the meeting, takes minutes of the meeting, provide a legal guide, and clarifies legal issues for the smooth running of the meeting, and file returns after the meeting.
More secretary services in Cameroon include:
- Attend the company board and committee meetings.
- Company secretarial services in Cameroon includes company formation
- Company secretarial services are required for post-incorporation company amendment.
- Company secretarial services in Cameroon includes tax filings.
- Company secretarial services in Cameroon includes Filing of all mandatory fillings/returns (change of director, alteration of company objects, an increase of share capital, etc.)
- To render company secretarial services in Cameroon is required in company board meetings.
- To advise on compliance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Company secretarial services include maintaining company records and summoning company meetings
- company secretarial services in Cameroon are required to render an adequate return
- To carry out all administrative and secretarial duties as directed by the company.
COST OF HIRING SECRETARIAL SERVICES IN CAMEROON
There is no fixed cost for hiring secretarial services. The cost of hiring secretarial services depends on the type of service, nature of the company, compliance rate, and the experience of the lawyer handling such service.
In conclusion, a company secretary is a much more important person nowadays. He is an officer of the company with extensive duties and responsibilities and can be regarded as n alter ego of the company. Kinsmen Advocates Law Firm is more than ready to render Company secretarial services in Cameroon to companies in need of such service in Cameroon.