Introduction – Register a pharmacy in Cameroon
The pharmacy business in Cameroon is one of the few flourishing businesses in Cameroon. Unlike the Patent Medicine store, the pharmacy business is supposedly run by trained Pharmacists or in partnership with a Pharmacist. But both businesses deal with the sale of drugs and medications for treating human illness. Today we shall discuss how to register a pharmacy in Cameroon.
The Pharmacists Council of Cameroon is regulated by the 1990 law on the organization of the profession of pharmacy in Cameroon and 1992 on the organization of the profession of pharmacy in Cameroon
Guidelines on opening a pharmacy in Cameroon
- Be a trained pharmacist or get a trained pharmacist
- Carry a feasibility study
- Register your pharmacy as a commercial company
- Acquire a store or tie down a location till approval
- Hire staff
The legal requirement for registering a pharmacy in Cameroon
Before you can open a pharmacy store, the first step to take is to get trained as a pharmacist. You must either be a fully trained and registered pharmacist or your partner with a trained pharmacist. Technically, only a Pharmacist can own a Pharmacy drug store in Cameroon.
Every pharmacy-related business, whether community, hospital, or industry, is registered with the Pharmacists Council of Cameroon. Now let us discuss the legal requirements for registering a pharmacy
- To register a pharmacy in Cameroon, a Stamped application be addressed to the supervisory authority
- To register a pharmacy in Cameroon, a certified copy of the birth certificate be attached to the application
- To register a pharmacy in Cameroon, attached is a certificate of non-conviction
- Certificate of nationality (Cameroonian)to the application to register a pharmacy in Cameroon.
- A certified Diploma be attached to the application to register a pharmacy in Cameroon
- Registered pharmacist with the Pharmacist Council of Cameroon
- Certificate of service to prove experience as a pharmacist be attached to the application to register a pharmacy in Cameroon
- Certificate of registration of a pharmacist business in Cameroon
- Taxpayers card of pharmacy business in Cameroon
- Localization plan signed by the regional chief of the Pharmacist Council of Cameroon representative
- insurance policy
The Pharmacist Council of Cameroon shall review the above documents to ensure compliance and thereafter an inspection team shall be assigned to scrutinize the pharmacy facility to ensure its full compliance with the council requirement and standard and to recommend the issuance of a pharmacy authorization.
Once authorized to operate a pharmacy, you can go ahead with stocking and the business proper. Contact the various drugs and pharmaceutical companies. Establish a good rapport with them while describing your pharmaceutical needs.
A successful pharmacy practice rests on customer service, patient care, and career satisfaction reason why we encourage actors to engage in the step-by-step guide on registering a pharmacy in Cameroon.
Article by Barr. Mafany Victor Ngando
Kinsmen Advocates Law Firm
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances