Introduction to How To Register a Spa Business in Cameroon
This article is about how to register a spa business in Cameroon as well as compliance and the legal aspects for opening a spa in Cameroon. The spa business is one of the most lucrative businesses in the beauty industry in the country, and a massage spa is a facility where spa massage therapists and practitioners give beauty treatments to customers through massage with the aim of helping their customers relax and recover from the stress of work and other strenuous activity. Beauty treatments differ from spa to spa, but they are generally similar in the type of water-based therapy they employ, as well as some of the massage services that they render.
Guide on How to Register A Spa Business in Cameroon
The following are the step-by-step processes for opening a spa in Cameroon.
- In opening a spa business in Cameroon, you will need to prepare a very detailed business plan for your spa business and it should feature things like your start-up funds, your projected returns on investment, your competitors, challenges, and short, and long-term goals, to mention a few.
- Opening a massage spa salon requires large capital. This is because you will need money for rent and your various equipment needed to ensure the business thrives. You will also factor into account the logistics part of the business as well as miscellaneous expenses so that you do not end up closing down your business before it even begins.
- Before opening a spa in Cameroon today, it is advisable for you to get the necessary training required to succeed in this business so that you can be aware of what it takes to run your spa business in Cameroon effectively. If you however, do not want to take any training before setting up your spa business in Cameroon you are advised to hire experienced hands that are capable of helping your business grow in the long run. Just make sure you are on top of things to know how the company is being run.
- To register a spa business in Cameroon, Location is very important and shouldn’t be exempted. If you want to thrive in this business, you will need to site your spa business in a perfect location that attracts high customer volumes. This will guarantee you good customer patronage and a high return on investment.
- Advertisement is key for any business to thrive so you should as a matter of necessity, endeavor to advertise your spa business in Cameroon via all the available means of creating awareness, either by word of mouth or through the use of the various available social media platforms, or through flyers and billboards, etc
Information Required to Register a Spa Business in Cameroon
To register a Spa business in Cameroon successfully, the following information is needed from the promoters.
- What will be the name of the Spa Business?
- Certificate of proficiency as a beautician
- What are the objectives of the Spa Business?
- How many shareholders (s)are in the Spa Business?
- Copies of the identity card or passport data page of the shareholder(s) of natural persons
- Who acts as the company manager (if any) or a shareholder can act as the manager?
- What is the share capital of the Spa Business?
Compliance and legal aspects for opening a Spa in Cameroon
The notary public must ensure all compliance and legal aspects for opening a Spa in Cameroon are met; The official must prepare the following documents with the information gathered during the interview phase so as to register a spa business in Cameroon.
- Memorandum & Articles of Association of the Spa
- Notarized statement of subscription and payment of share capital.
- Notarized appointment of company manager
- Declaration of Regularity and OHADA conformity
- localization sketch of the company head office location in Cameroon
- Tenancy agreement of the company premises if any or the temporal address of the company
Licensing and permits for operating a Spa franchise in Cameroon
The licensing and permits for operating a Spa franchise in Cameroon after successfully opening a Spa in Cameroon are as follows;
- Certificate of incorporation of the company
- Attestation of business creation of the company
- Articles / Memorandum of association of the company duly stamped/registered.
- Notarized statement of subscription & paid-up share capital of the company duly stamped /registered
- Certificate of appointment of company manager duly stamped and registered
- MO – Complete the incorporation form
- Certificate of non-indebtedness of the company
- Taxpayers’ card of the company
- Business License of the company
- 3 months tax exoneration of the company
There are a lot of things that are on offer as you visit a massage spa in Cameroon, They include services ranging from heat therapy, hydrotherapy, and massage which significantly speeds up circulation and reduces blood pressure. Spa treatments also include a combination of deep cleansing, massages, and moisturization, as well as body treatments, facials, and scrubs which not only remove impurities but also help soften the skin. With all these in mind, let us now take a good look at how to register a spa business in Cameroon today.
Article by Barr. Mafany Victor Ngando
Kinsmen Advocates Law Firm
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances