The is a fine difference between a Police clearance certificate or Police character certificate in Cameroon and a certificate of non-conviction in Cameroon bulletin no:3. A police clearance certificate in Cameroon is an official document issued by the Cameroon Police as a background check on those who are immigrating to another country. Police character clearance is done to check whether an applicant has a criminal record. This document is to guarantee the host country that you are not wanted by law in the country you are coming from. Simply put, a police certificate is a document to show the country you are immigrating to that you are of good character and maintain a clean slate.
IMPORTANCE OF POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE IN CAMEROON
- You may want to ask, “why do I need to obtain a police clearance certificate in Cameroon?” Most often, this clearance is needed by those who want to change their country of residence.
- In some instances, you may be mandated to get A police clearance certificate in Cameroon if you want to occupy a sensitive position in Cameroon.
- You will need police clearance if you are invited by the Canadian Immigration office or any other immigration office to complete your application for a temporary or permanent residence (as a worker).
- You will also need to upload a police character certificate in Cameroon if you are to proceed on a postgraduate program in UAE, UK, Canada, Russia, or any foreign institutions
- Even as a tourist to another country, you will need a police character certificate to show that you don’t have an outstanding criminal record back home, and ensure that you won’t be a threat to your host country.
REQUIREMENTS OF POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE IN CAMEROON
Getting this police clearance certificate in your country means that you are some steps closer to migrating to another country, here are the requirements you will need to present at application and collection locations in Cameroon:
- Valid international passport
- Birth Certificate
- Two passport-size photographs
- Year you left Cameroon
If you are abroad and require assistance with acquiring a Police Clearance Certificate in Cameroon and have specific questions regarding the above or require any clarification. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Article by Barr. Mafany Victor Ngando
“The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstance”